Consultant/Manager Hong Kong
ENEA Consulting is an international strategy consultancy dedicated to energy transition. We are based in Paris, Hong Kong and Melbourne and are now expanding our team.
Join us to take part in the development of our Asian operations, to work on challenging energy issues, with further opportunities to work in Europe, Asia and Africa.
We are looking for a motivated and experienced professional (>3 years of working experience for consultant, >5 years of working experience for manager) with a background in consulting / M&A, a strong interest in energy and a solid background in finance.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about energy transition and energy access, precise and rigorous, while also demonstrating strong leadership and excellent written & verbal communication skills.
He / she will be willing to contribute to the expansion of ENEA Consulting in Asia: while originally based out of Hong Kong, he / she will likely contribute to the development of ENEA in Singapore, with a possible relocation in the future.
Position description and associated responsibilities
As a Consultant/Manager you will work as a team leader overseeing the delivery of projects with a team of analysts. Depending on the projects, you will work under the supervision or with the support of a Manager/Principal/Partner. In this setting, you will be onboard quickly, work with different team members, and be exposed to the diversity of current energy challenges.
Key responsibilities include:
- Project management and delivery
- You will lead projects with varying level of complexity depending on your seniority level. You will provide or contribute to providing final recommendations, ensure quality project delivery and assistance to clients as needed
- You will supervise the project team of Consultants and/or Analysts, ensuring their up skilling, coaching and development
- You will be accountable for relationship management with both the client and other external stakeholders throughout the project
- You will ensure project KPI’s are met (quality, timeline and cost) while maximising client satisfaction.
- Business development (depending on experience and seniority)
- You will manage client relationships to understand their needs, identify opportunities for value creation, as well as promote ENEA’s expertise and competencies in strategic consulting in its area of specialisation
- You will manage and supervise commercial proposals. This will include proposing and drafting relevant methodologies
- You will pro-actively seek and help secure new business through ongoing client relationships and through building and maintaining professional networks
- You will achieve internal KPI’s for business development, revenue delivery and client satisfaction.
- Internal development/corporate (depending on experience and seniority)
- You will develop corporate strategy, plans, organisation and/or process design and ensure effective implementation, such as in communications, skill development, knowledge sharing and training.
- You will collaborate with ENEA team to ensure consistent delivery of high-quality work in alignment with ENEA’s values
- You will develop further knowledge/thought leadership and know-how that enhance ENEA’s competitive advantage and professional reputation.
Projects delivered by ENEA do vary, but can be characterised as follows:
- ENEA works for all energy players, from global companies to SME’s: Utilities, OEMs, Investors, Banks, Industrial Energy Consumers, Public Authorities, Start-ups
- ENEA works in all the energy transition fields: renewable distributed generation, energy storage, hydrogen, energy efficiency, green gas and waste management, carbon capture and storage, energy access, etc. as well as transversal topics such as green finance, impact or carbon management.
- Depending on their objectives, projects will entail tasks of varying nature: market and strategy analysis, cost-benefit analysis, data analytics, company / project / technology evaluation, organisation of training and workshops, strategic plans, etc.
All projects provide a real exposure to diversity of current energy challenges.
- Minimum of 3 (consultant) / 5 (manager) years’ experience in a relevant industry, consulting or M&A role
- Proven project management, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Technical skills: strong analytical skills, efficient use of MS Excel and PowerPoint
- Functional skills: good verbal and written communication, critical thinking, comparative analysis and synthesis capabilities, respect of time constraints, intellectual honesty and rigor, curiosity, open mindedness, empathy and team spirit
- Project management skills: proactive, autonomous and flexible attitude, organisational, planning and time management skills, proven experience of stakeholder engagement and management, both external and internal.
- Commercial skills: Strong influencing and leadership skills reflected by the ability to work effectively across a variety of clients showing a proactive approach to building client satisfaction and strong relationships; demonstrated ability to sell and positively impact revenue growth and strong commercial acumen.
- Languages: Fluency in English is mandatory.
- Bachelor and/or Master degree from a top university, preferably but not limited to engineering / finance / management
- Willingness to travel abroad for work assignments
- Working rights in Singapore for possible office opening in the future. Flexible freelance arrangements may be considered for candidates willing to work directly from Singapore before a company is registered.
- French, Mandarin and/or other Asian languages
- Previous experience in investment banking
- Location: Hong Kong, with possible relocation to Singapore
- Remuneration: ENEA offers a competitive remuneration package considering experience and level of seniority. Our package includes a base salary as well as a variable remuneration based on performance.
- Work type: Full Time, starting ASAP
To apply, send us your CV and cover letter at firstname.lastname@example.org and put in the subject [Yes, I am interested!].
About ENEA Consulting
Since 2007, we have advised and supported more than 200 private sector companies and public authorities around the world, from leading utilities, OEMs or investors to early-stage start-ups.
Based in Paris, Hong-Kong and Melbourne, we are a team of 60+ passionate professionals with international experience, strong analytical skills, and both engineering & business backgrounds.
We are a do-well-and-do-good company: we are committed to energy access and perform pro bono work with social entrepreneurs through our ENEA Access program (http://www.enea-access.com). In 2018, ENEA’s call for projects received 67 applications from energy access enterprises operating in 23 African countries and 17 Asia Pacific countries. Five projects were selected by the ENEA team, receiving pro bono support from ENEA Consulting’s high calibre energy consultants.