Launch of the ENEA Access Call for Projects 2016
ENEA has created the pro bono ENEA Access Program as part of its business model in a committed effort to contribute to access to energy in developing countries, particularly in Sub-Saharan Africa. This program aims at supporting social entrepreneurs and development organizations who work on the field to improve energy access situation.
Every year, ENEA Access launches a Call for Projects which was created to identify the world’s best impact driven energy access projects and provide them with the support they need to be successful!
In 2015, ENEA’s team has supported six energy access project developers through the ENEA Access Call for Projects:
- Practical Action – Structuring of a mini-grids program for sustainable energy access in Zambia
- EcoZoom – Establishing production and distribution of biomass pellets in Kenya
- VSF-B – Evaluation and scale-up of EVE project – domestic biogas in Rwanda
- LivelyHoods – Operational and strategic support in scaling-up last mile distribution activities (clean energy products) in Kenya
- Station Energy – Deployment of cold-storage units powered by solar energy for the agricultural sector in Senegal (on-going)
- NGuvu Utilities – Development of a network of rural energy shops franchising in Rwanda (on-going)
In the Call for Projects 2016 framework, up to six energy access projects will be selected and will receive 30-100 days of pro-bono consulting services provided by ENEA.
The deadline to submit your application to the Call for Projects is December 18th, 2015.
Do not hesitate to communicate about this call for projects to anyone in your network who is committed to improving energy access.
For more information on the ENEA Access program, please visit us at: www.enea-access.com