Consultant/Manager – Melbourne
Company: ENEA Australia
Location: Melbourne CBD
Work type: Full time
Fixed salary: Depending on experience
We are looking for a motivated and experienced professional who have a background in consulting and a strong interest in energy. The ideal candidate will be passionate about energy transition and energy access, precise and rigorous, while also demonstrate strong leadership, excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Position description and associated responsibilities
As a Consultant/Manager you will work as a team leader overseeing the delivery of projects with a team of analysts. Depending on the projects, you will work under the supervision or with the support of a Manager/Principal/Partner. In this setting, you will be onboard quickly, work with different team members, and be exposed to the diversity of current energy challenges.
Key responsibilities include:
- Project management and delivery
- You will lead projects with varying level of complexity depending on your seniority level. You will provide or contribute to providing final recommendations, ensure quality project delivery and assistance to clients as needed
- You will supervise the project team of Consultants and/or Analysts, ensuring their up-skilling, coaching and development
- You will be accountable for relationship management with both the client and other external stakeholders throughout the project
- You will ensure project KPI’s are met (quality, timeline and cost) while maximising client satisfaction.
- Business development (depending on experience and seniority)
- You will manage client relationships to understand their needs, identify opportunities for value creation, as well as promote ENEA’s expertise and competencies in strategic consulting in its area of specialisation
- You will manage and supervise commercial proposals. This will include proposing and drafting relevant methodologies
- You will pro-actively seek and help secure new business through ongoing client relationships and through building and maintaining professional networks
- You will achieve internal KPI’s for business development, revenue delivery and client satisfaction.
- Internal development/corporate (depending on experience and seniority)
- You will develop corporate strategy, plans, organisation and/or process design and ensure effective implementation, such as in communications, skill development, knowledge sharing and training.
- You will collaborate with ENEA team to ensure consistent delivery of high-quality work in alignment with ENEA’s values
- You will develop further knowledge/thought leadership and know-how that enhance ENEA’s competitive advantage and professional reputation.
Project characteristics and examples
Projects delivered by ENEA do vary, but can be characterised as follows:
- ENEA works for all energy players, from global companies to SME’s: Utilities, OEMs, Industrial Energy Consumers, Investors, Public Authorities, Start-ups
- ENEA works in all the energy transition fields: renewable distributed generation, energy storage, hydrogen, energy efficiency, green gas and waste management, carbon capture and storage, energy access, etc.
- Projects are carried out in a team, and typically last three months
- Projects are often carried out from the Melbourne office (CBD), with regular client interactions. Projects can also be partly carried out from our clients’ offices
- Depending on their objectives, projects will entail tasks of varying nature: project management, literature review, market and strategy analysis, cost-benefit analysis, data analytics, technology evaluation, workshop organisation and strategy recommendations
- All projects provide a real exposure to diversity of current energy challenges
Examples of projects recently carried out includes:
- Smart technology market scan: The Client was looking to gain a better understanding of the products available in two distinct markets, to inform a potential acquisition. The project team successfully performed a rather exhaustive market scan of available technologies & providers under a very tight timeline. Taking a comparative analysis approach, the team was able to justify the more competent providers in the market with more advanced and comprehensive solution offerings, highlighting those that were most relevant to the client’s appetite. To better inform the client’s decision making, market size forecasts were also provided.
- Feasibility and business case assessments for a critical electricity infrastructure project: ENEA’s role was to help prepare a draft report on the project’s feasibility by engaging with technical, legal, environmental, economic and stakeholder subject matter experts, as part of one of the first stages of the project $20m feasibility study. Combined efforts of numerous committed team-members were required to successfully deliver the report under tight deadlines.
- Long Run Marginal Cost (LRMC) computation for distribution network pricing: ENEA’s role in this project was to help assess the LRMC of 3 Victorian distribution networks. The LRMC is an economic metric used for determining the pricing of lumpy infrastructure (electricity network in our case). In Australia, the regulator (AER) mandates that network tariffs be based on LRMC. The project team proposed a more robust and more granular methodology than current practices, lifting the Australian standards on the matter. If approved by the regulator and implemented by the distribution network, it may pave the way for targeted network pricing, to enable battery storage and electric vehicle incentive programs, or targeted demand response schemes.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in a relevant industry/consulting role
- Proven project management, analytical and interpersonal skills
- “Technical skills”: strong analytical skills, efficient use of MS Excel and PowerPoint
- “Functional skills”: good verbal and written communication, critical thinking, comparative analysis and synthesis capabilities, respect of time constraints, intellectual honesty and rigor, curiosity, open mindedness, empathy and team spirit
- “Project management skills”: proactive, autonomous and flexible attitude, organisational, planning and time management skills, proven experience of stakeholder engagement and management, both external and internal.
- “Commercial skills”: Strong influencing and leadership skills reflected by the ability to work effectively across a variety of clients showing a proactive approach to building client satisfaction and strong relationships; demonstrated ability to sell and positively impact revenue growth and strong commercial acumen.
- Languages: Fluency in English is mandatory.
- To be eligible to apply for this position, candidates must have full working rights in Australia
- Bachelor and/or Master degree from a top university, preferably but not limited to engineering
Location: Melbourne CBD
Remuneration: ENEA offers a competitive remuneration package considering experience and level of seniority. Our package includes a base salary as well as a variable remuneration based on the company performance.
Work type: Full Time, starting ASAP
To apply use the form below and put in the subject [Yes, I am interested!].