Analyst/Junior Consultant – Melbourne
Company: ENEA Australia
Position: Analyst/Junior Consultant
Location: Melbourne CBD
Work type: Full time, starting ASAP
Salary: Depending on experience: $60k to $80k + superannuation
ENEA is an international strategy consulting firm specialised on energy transition. We opened an office in Melbourne in 2016 and are now expanding our team. Join us to take part in the development of our Australian office, to work on challenging energy issues, with opportunities to work in Europe, Asia and Africa.
We are looking for a motivated analyst/junior consultant with a background in energy (mandatory), environment and/or sustainable development; with a master degree from a top university, preferably but not limited to engineering.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about energy transition and energy access, precise and rigorous, with good written and oral communication skills.
As an analyst/junior consultant, you will work on projects under the supervision of project managers. In this setting, you will learn quickly and be exposed to the diversity of current energy challenges. The projects we are involved in do vary, but can be characterised as follow:
- We work for all energy players, from global companies to SMEs: utilities, OEMs, industrial energy consumers, investors, public authorities, start-ups
- We work in all the energy transition fields: renewable distributed generation, energy storage, hydrogen, energy efficiency, green gas and waste management, CCS, energy access, etc.
- Our projects are carried out in a team, and typically last three months
- Our projects are mainly carried out from our offices in Melbourne CBD, with regular client interactions
- Depending on the objectives, projects will entail tasks of varying nature: project management, literature review, market and strategy analysis, cost-benefit analysis, technology evaluation, workshop organisation and strategy recommendations.
Examples of projects recently carried out or ongoing::
- Define Electric Vehicle Recharging Infrastructure (EVRI) strategy– Analyse business models in the EVRI space and provide strategic recommendations adapted to the client positioning to enter this market. This involves literature review, interviews with key stakeholders, option analysis and strategy recommendations.
- Analyse energy storage opportunities – Perform a technico-economic analysis of an innovative energy storage technology and compare it with existing ones, identify market segments for the technology and provide recommendations to the technology provider. This involves literature review, technology and electricity market modelling, option analysis and strategy recommendations.
- Perform a feasibility study and a business case for a critical electricity infrastructure project – ENEA’s role was to help prepare a draft report on the project’s feasibility by engaging with technical, legal, environmental, economic and stakeholder subject matter experts, as part of one of the first stages of the project $20m feasibility study. Combined efforts of numerous committed team-members were required to successfully deliver the report under tight deadlines.
- To be eligible to apply for this position, candidates must be either an Australian citizen or have working rights in Australia.
- “Technical skills”: strong analytical skills, efficient use of MS Excel and PowerPoint. Coding skills (Python) would be a plus.
- “Functional skills”: good oral and written communication, synthesis capabilities, respect of time constraints, intellectual honesty and rigor, curiosity, open mindedness, empathy and team spirit.
- Languages: Fluency in English is mandatory.
- Background in energy (mandatory), environment and/or sustainable development.
- Master degree from a top university, preferably but not limited to engineering.
Previous experience in consulting will be highly valued