ENEA Access program
Over 1.3 billion people across the world don’t have access to electricity and 2.6 billion people still rely on the traditional use of biomass for cooking. Energy access is one of the major challenges of the 21st century as it is a lever for economic and human development, at both the individual and national levels.
With this challenge in mind, every year, ENEA launches 2 Call for Projects to support Non Profits, NGOs, Technology Developers and Social Entrepreneurs in developing their energy access initiatives in Africa or Asia-Pacific (starting in 2018). To achieve this objective, ENEA has committed to providing each selected project with 30 - 100 days of its consulting services on a pro-bono basis.
Why do we do this? It's simple. ENEA works with both big and small Energy Access actors all around the world. Some of the smaller actors potentially have exactly the type of local impact we're looking for but don’t have the budget to pay for normal consulting fees. ENEA Access Call for Projects was created to identify the world's best impact-driven energy access projects and to provide them with the support they need to be successful!
ENEA Access offer
Each selected project will receive 30 - 100 days of consulting services provided by ENEA, representing a value of up to 120,000 €.
Depending on project maturity, these services may span all phases of a project's development:
- Performance of feasibility studies, market studies and technology benchmarks to fine tune your project design
- Analysis and creation of business models / business plans to define your positioning
- Support in pilot project implementation to test your solution in real conditions
- Definition of a scale-up strategy, performance of techno-economic analyses, process management and partner identification for the full-scale roll out your solution / business model
- Environmental and socio-economic impact assessment to add value to your project with potential donors
Note: Selected companies will be responsible for travel fees (flights and visa), accommodation fees (housing) and meals for on-the-field missions for ENEA consultants.