ENEA combines economic performance with social engagement in a hybrid model creating new values: advising public and private leaders worldwide about energy transition while doing volunteer work with social entrepreneurs and NGOs. This commitment to energy access is embodied in the "ENEA Access" program that comprises three pillars:
Presentation of the ENEA Access program
Over 1.3 billion people across the world don’t have access to electricity and 2.6 billion people still rely on the traditional use of biomass for cooking. Energy access is one of the major challenges of the 21st century as it is a lever for economic and human development, at both the individual and national levels.
With this challenge in mind, ENEA has launched the ENEA Access Call for Projects to support Non Profits, NGOs, Technology Developers and Social Entrepreneurs in developing their energy access initiatives in Africa. To achieve this objective, ENEA has committed to providing each selected project with 30 - 100 days of its consulting services on a pro-bono basis. In 2017, ENEA will launch two calls for projects to select these projects developers.
Why do we do this? It's simple. ENEA works with both big and small Energy Access actors all around the world. Some of the smaller actors potentially have exactly the type of local impact we're looking for but don’t have the budget to pay for normal consulting fees. ENEA Access Call for Projects was created to identify the world's best impact-driven energy access projects and to provide them with the support they need to be successful!
ENEA Access offer
Each selected project will receive 30 - 100 days of consulting services provided by ENEA, representing a value of up to 120,000 €.
Depending on project maturity, these services may span all phases of a project's development:
- Performance of feasibility studies, market studies and technology benchmarks to fine tune your project design
- Analysis and creation of business models / business plans to define your positioning
- Support in pilot project implementation to test your solution in real conditions
- Definition of a scale-up strategy, performance of techno-economic analyses, process management and partner identification for the full-scale roll out your solution / business model
- Environmental and socio-economic impact assessment to add value to your project with potential donors
Discover a sample of projects that have benefited from ENEA Access pro-bono consulting services.
ENEA ACCESS PROJECT PORTFOLIO
In addition to ENEA's expertise and pro-bono consulting, each selected project will also have direct access to their network of local development partners, industrial companies, investors and technology developers.
Priority will be given to projects where at least 50% of the mission assigned to ENEA is spent “in the field” in the target country.
NB: In order to ensure the project developers’ involvement, the fixed costs (economy travel and housing) associated with the field trips will be the responsibility of the project organizer.
How to apply to ENEA Access call for projects?
ENEA Access Call for projects is changing its format.
ENEA is well aware that project developers’ needs can evolve very rapidly in the fast-moving context of energy access in Africa. Consequently, ENEA decided to adapt the pace of its Call for Projects. Instead of launching one and only Call for Projects per year, ENEA will select six projects through two Call for Projects launched in January and in June. This way, ENEA can commit to starting its pro-bono consulting support shortly after announcing the winners (3 to 6 months).
Three projects will be selected during the first Call for Projects 2017. A second Call for Projects will be launched by June 2017 to select three more projects. You can obviously apply to both of them.
Application conditions for Call for Projects #1?
- You have specific and short-term consulting / support needs; AND/OR
- You have already identified long-term stakes for the development of your activities and your team is available to start working on in the following semester.
To apply to ENEA Access Call for Projects #1, please fill in the following application form.
Go to ENEA Access'Call for Projects 2017 Application Form
We invite you to first consult the eligibility and selection criteria.
Planning of Call for Projects #1 - ENEA Access 2017
« Whatever is well conceived is clearly said, and words to say it flow with ease ». Nicolas Boileau
Each project is specific, so we encourage you to define your needs precisely in the form so that we can best evaluate your application.
The ENEA Access Call for Projects is a highly competitive program with projects from all around the world submitted each year. An in-house committee at ENEA has been handpicked to ensure that the pro-bono consulting services are awarded to the best projects with the highest potential for local impact in energy access.
The selection criteria used by this committee includes the following:
- The level of local impact that the project has in terms of energy access and/or energy services
- Environmental, Social and Economic sustainability
- Scalability and/or reproducibility
- Transparency of the project leaders and their willingness to share useful information within the energy access community
- Use of innovative technologies and/or business models
- The impact ENEA's pro-bono consulting services can have on the success of the project