2016 ENEA Access call for Projects results
After receiving over 50 applications of energy access projects from 23 African countries, ENEA team is pleased to announce the results of its 2016 call for projects. Following the selection process , the 5 winning projects of the call for ENEA Access 2016 projects are:
- SteamaCo: identification of new sectorial and geographical markets for off-grid energy monitoring solutions (Kenya)
- SunnyMoney : development of new distribution channels of solar off-grid lighting products (Kenya)
- Eternum Energy : reinforcement and scaling-up of last-mile distribution of solar kits (Tanzania)
- Benoolend: financial structuring of an energy access project for a rural cooperative and its employees (Togo)
- upOwa : scaling-up and structuring of solar home systems distribution (Cameroon)
Each of these 5 organizations will benefit from 35-50 days of pro bono consulting; depending on the maturity of the project and the needs identified during the call for projects process with the help of ENEA’s team. In order to design solutions suitable for energy access constraints, the ENEA consultants will work close to the project developers and their beneficiaries by spending more than half of the pro bono consulting days on the field.
Finally, Green Bio Energy, finalist of the Sankalp Africa Awards 2016 with whom ENEA has concluded a partnership, will beneficiate too from ENEA Access support in developing its activities of clean cookstoves and briquettes production in Uganda.
ENEA would like to thank all the candidates and all the members of the energy access community who have contributed to the success of this call for projects and urges all project holders who have not been selected this year to represent their request for assistance at the launch of the call for 2017 projects if it is still needed.
Find out more about ENEA Access program: